Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Playing catch-up


Friday night left me a deficit of -$36.08

I did not spend any money on Saturday. -$26.08

I also did not spend any money on Sunday. -$16.08

Monday? I spent ten bucks on gas, which was the only expense I incurred from my New Years Eve celebration. I love house parties. -$16.08

Today I spent five bucks at McDonalds because today, if any, was definitely a day that called for McDonalds. - $11.08

Grand total: -$11.08
Not exactly where I want to be at in terms of budget, but I accomplished a few things this weekend in terms of willpower and smart decision making. Save for a party here and there I had RSVP'ed to, I stayed home most of the long weekend, citing gas and money conservation. New Years was a hard go. I usually go somewhere for New Years - up north, my friend's house in Wisconsin, some girls' getaway. Not this year. It's a bummer when the choice of how you want to ring in the New Year comes down to whether or not it's going to cost money. I was lucky in that I have a lot of friends who throw awesome house parties, and thus I ended up at one of those, carrying good tidings of beer from home and a positive attitude (it's how I live).

Stay tuned for tomorrow, when I try figure out how to put gas in my car, buy food for the week - Ramen and I are going to be new best friends, apparently - and stockade money for Thursday's B&B.

Hope you all like magic tricks!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amber - Second job idea. Pet sitting. Sounds stupid, but we pay ours $70 per day to walk the dogs twice, bring in the mail and stay here. She still works her regular job - really no time commitment except she stays in someone else's house and walks the dogs a couple of times.

Think about it.

Anonymous said...

In the other posts i have seen are Not exactly where I want to be at in terms of budget, but I accomplished a few things this weekend in terms of willpower and smart decision making.